
My paper weight! I made it with some mixed orange glass and clear. The instructor dips it in a vat of molten glass when the inside is finished, then you smooth it out with special wooden tools.
My bowl. The instructor did the fluted edges and the base for me, but other than that he just walks you through the steps. So fun!
Pendants- these are done using clear glass rods, ground up colored glass and a torch.Last Wednesday I went to an awesome glass class at "Boise Art Glass" on Myrtle. We did some torch work to make pendants and beads, then moved to the furnace to make a paper weight and a bowl. The class is totally hands on learning with assistance from the instructor. It was fantastic!!! If you love glass art or jewelry, I would highly recommend taking a class!
1 comment:
These are beautiful! Is there anything you can't do!?! You are amazing! I wish I were in Boise so we could go to classes together! Oh how I miss you dear friend.
Post a Comment