Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Our Sweet Bubba


Ok- this is so hard for me to write and I know many of you still don't know what happened- so I will do my best. Bubba as many of you know has never been a super healthy pup. He had several surgeries and there was nothing we wouldn't do to help him. After 11 years with him he started losing weight rapidly and did not want to eat. We took him in only to find out he had a pretty severe case of diabetes. So we said no problem we've got this- and began his insulin injections. After two weeks of fighting Bub to get his medicine we took him back in for a check up. He was not responding well to treatment and becoming more and more aggressive. I knew in my heart he wasn't going to make it through this but I just couldn't let myself go there. After we fought with everything we had to keep him- it was time. The vet told us he wasn't going to make it much longer and would become very sick without enough insulin and eventually go into a coma. It was the hardest decision we have ever made, and one that I still cry about every day, but we had to let him go. I couldn't let him suffer any more. Loosing Bubba ripped a giant hole in my heart and we all miss him more than anything.
We love you Bubs!!!
 

1 comment:

Grandmashadowcat said...

That was hard to read, too :"( but a decision made with only love for him. Now he is healthy and happy in another place - still watching out for you!