Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Color Run

The Color Run 5K was a blast! We had a team of 7, 3 moms and 4 girls! We made awesome tutus to run in and just generally had a ton of fun. Here are some pics from the "race". I say that loosely because this race is not timed and our girls decided to sit down on the side of the street for a granola bar break halfway through. It was hilarious!!


 Grandma, the girls and I ready to go!

 My good friend Randi and I with our girls at the starting line.

 Ellie was none to happy we got her up early for this event. She climbed in her old stroller, pulled her headband over her eyes, then her sunglasses and pretended to be asleep. Nice. 

 This was just after the granola bar break. In fact I think Emma still has a mouthful in this picture. The girls decided there tutus were itchy so they took them off and wore them on their heads. Hahaha! They got several laughs from other runners.

 A colorful Emma!

 A colorful Ellie. She loved the yellow powder!

We finished! 
 This one is of Grandma and the girls.
We were some of the last to pass over the finish line thanks to the 20 min granola bar stop, but we made it! It was a blast. 
We will be back next year Color Run!

2 comments:

Jessica D said...

How fun!

Grandmashadowcat said...

Oh that Ellie likes that yellow powder is no surprise to me! I still have that picture of her in the car after she decorated herself with yellow marker. Such fun!!!