Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Anniversary!

Ben and I just celebrated our 6th Anniversary! I am so lucky to have married one of my best friends and even luckier yet that he became such a wonderful husband to me as well as a fantastic father to our kids. When I think about a good marriage I think about one in which each partner is valued and works hard for the good of the whole, one that cares first and foremost about their family, and one where the spouses are always there for one another- no matter what for- and then I smile because I know I have all that and more!

 Happy Anniversary Ben! I love you more!
 
 
 All ready for our big night out!
 
 The girls thought it was super funny to keep crawling in between our legs for the pictures.
Adorable "after" shoot- 6 yrs after the wedding...
 
 This is my "yes I am wearing a dress" face. As many of you know I hardly ever wear dresses. They drive me crazy and are way to drafty for a night out in 8 degree weather. However, as per Ben's request, this year I made an exception and wore a dress for him.
 
Flowers from Ben- yellow with red tips- just like the roses at our wedding!
 
 Being the good Daddy that he is- the girls each got their own small bouquets too!
 
 
 
 
Now it is play time with Grandma!


 

Emma and Ellie LOVE their " Grandma Lainey". She came to watch the kids for us on our anniversary weekend and we all had loads of fun. It is so nice to have a Mom that can come in and completely take over things for the kids. Meals, baths, playtime and everything in-between is taken care of just as I would- except they seem to have more fun with Grandma. I never have to worry about a thing when she watches our girls! Thank you Mom for driving all that way to watch our girls!! We love you!

1 comment:

Grandmashadowcat said...

You should wear dresses more often - so pretty! Yes, they are drafty. Congrats! Love the kids playing for the pics, too.